SeeBeyondBorders’ Educational Changemaker
Creating opportunity for Cambodian women to become changemakers in the education sector in Cambodia
At SeeBeyondBorders we believe that great leaders motivate, inspire and enact change. The Educational Changemaker Programme will employ passionate Cambodians with an undergraduate degree and leadership potential, to offer them the skills and thinking to create positive transformation in education in Cambodia.
Based in Battambang province, SeeBeyondBorders Educational Changemakers is a two-year programme that will enable Cambodian women with an undergraduate degree to develop a toolkit to become future Changemakers and pursue their dreams of making a difference in education in a supportive community that recognises the courage of women in leadership.
SeeBeyondBorders’ want more Cambodian women to be part of the change in education.
We want women to be part of the change in education through action. SeeBeyondBorders believes investing in women’s leadership is a benefit to society. Our Educational Changemaker Programme aims to reduce the barriers to women becoming leaders in the education sector in Cambodia.
About SeeBeyondBorders Educational Changemaker Graduate Programme
The Educational Changemaker programme consists of four key aspects, all essential for building the skills and knowledge to ensure Changemakers (successful applicants to the Educational Changemaker programme) are sought after for leadership positions when they have completed the programme.
Successful applicants will be given the opportunity to:
- Learn skills and knowledge through the SeeBeyondBorders Educational Excellence and Leadership course
- Develop teaching skills, a detailed knowledge of how schools function, and a sense of the local community by working in classrooms alongside teachers
- Work with local communities to understand and develop solutions for key education concerns at the place where they begin, learning project design and management skills in your first efforts to improve learning in Cambodia
- Complete a Master of Education at a University throughout the duration of the programme.
We are looking for Changemakers to be our future educational leaders
SeeBeyondBorders’ Educational Changemaker Graduate programme is a two-year opportunity for graduate Cambodians, with a focus on recruiting and training women.
We are seeking:
- Women who are passionate about making a difference and improving education
- Open minded, independent thinkers who have a strong connection to community and improving education for everyone
- Applicants with a diverse background who are enthusiastic to learn and build on skills to solve problems
- A commitment to working with others to lead change
- A Cambodian national
- A university graduate
- Living in Battambang province, or happy to relocate to Battambang province for the duration of the programme
We offer a competitive monthly allowance. Educational Changemakers will be expected to participate in Educational Changemaker graduate programme curriculum activities on the basis of 40-hour per week and commit additional time for further study.
If you know a Cambodian woman who might be interested in applying please share the link to this webpage:
Closing date for Educational Changemakers 2020 applications: 21st of December 2020
Teaching experience is NOT required for the Educational Changemaker programme. SeeBeyondBorders are encouraging all Cambodian with a university degree and interest in education to apply.